Lake Champlain Deicing Conference
UVM hosts an annual Lake Champlain Deicing Conference for municipal workers and private companies to learn about winter best management practices, including techniques to reduce environmental impacts of road salt.
I assisted in the planning and coordination of the conference, including speaker scheduling and organization, fundraising,gathering feedback, and documenting presentations between 2017-2018.
The conferences have been well attended, leading to plans of future conferences in the area in order to continue to engage with municipalities and private contractors on the environemental impacts of winter road maintenance on the Lake Champlain Basin and mitigation efforts.
- 2018 Lake Champlain Deicing Conference
- Free Road Salt Conference to be held in Burlington - VTdigger.org
- Road Salt and Deicing Event to Take Place at UVM - University of Vermont
- Champlain Watershed Road Salt Deicing Conference Planned - Adirondack Almanack
- 2017 Lake Champlain Deicing Conference homepage
- Recorded Conference talks
Learn more about other current and past projects
Latest Blog Post
Writing about my research, travels, and ongoing work